How You Can Use Reclaimed Wood in Franklin County, MA in Your Home
Even if you’re happy with the way your home looks, there’s always room for improvement. If you’re thinking about tackling a do-it-yourself project, it’s worth it to consider incorporating some unique materials into your home, like reclaimed wood in Franklin County, MA. Using reclaimed wood gives you the opportunity to breathe new life into a material that might otherwise be wasted. Not only is this good for the environment and your wallet, it’s also a real eye-catcher and can be incorporated into a variety of projects. Consider some of these different reclaimed wood projects that you can do yourself to enhance your space:
- Accent wall: An accent wall is a great way to transform the appearance of a living room, dining room, bedroom or kitchen by making just one change. You don’t have to deconstruct your wall to create a reclaimed wood accent wall—simply apply the material over your existing wall. You can arrange your wood in a vertical, horizontal or even a diagonal pattern. The great thing about a wood accent wall is that you don’t have to worry about matching colors. In fact, various shades serve to add to the appearance of the finished project.
- Coffee table: A coffee table can tie a seating area together, and a DIY coffee table makes for a great conversation starter. You can use finished or painted reclaimed wood to create the top of your coffee table. Bind pieces of wood together to make a tabletop and fix it to a base. You can even attach hinges or a rolling track to your table to create extra storage.
- Headboard: If you want to break away from a traditional-looking headboard in your bedroom, reclaimed wood is a great way to go. You can stain and sand reclaimed wood to create a distressed or rustic aesthetic, or use glossy reclaimed wood for a modern design.
- Outdoor table: The great thing about reclaimed wood is that it is affordable enough to be an economical option for outdoor projects. Give your family more space to enjoy a meal al fresco this summer by making a reclaimed wood outdoor dining table. You can protect the table from the elements by treating it with an outdoor-grade sealant.
- Planters: If you want to create wooden planters, reclaimed wood is an obvious, affordable choice with an appearance that’s perfectly suited for an outdoor space. Add a few planters to your front porch, or create large raised beds in the backyard for all of your summer planting.
Get the beautiful materials you need for your next DIY project from Forest Products Associates. We are proud to offer an extensive selection of lumber, including reclaimed wood in Franklin County, MA. We’ve been providing high quality wood products to our customers since 1946—that’s over 70 years of experience delivering over 50 species of wood, ranging from hardwoods to exotics. Our staff has the knowledge and expertise necessary to help you find the ideal material for just about any application. Give us a call or stop by today for more information and to see what we have in stock.
Posted: to Reclaimed Wood on Fri, Jul 6, 2018
Updated: Fri, Jul 6, 2018